Media City Furniture Hire (Mainline SPD Ltd)
Terms & Conditions of Hire
1. Duration – The period of hire (the minimum period of hire is 7 days) shall commence onthe earlier of the date of this agreement and the date on which the hired items are bookedout by or delivered to the Hirer. The period of hire shall end on the earlier of the followingdays, the day on which they are redelivered to the Owner or the day on which they arecollected by the Owner from the Hirer. Hired items not returned on the due date will becharged for at full daily rate until returned.
2. Insurance – the Hirer shall keep the hired items insured against loss or damage and third party risks to their full replacement value as stated in the order plus 30% of replacement value for loss of hire fees and shall (if required) produce evidence of such insurance to the Owner, who shall be entitled to withhold delivery until such production.
3. Payment – all hire fees to be paid weekly/monthly in advance in full.
4. Acceptance – acceptance by the Hirer or authorised representative of the hired items is completed on the collection by the Hirer from our premises or on delivery by the Owner to the premises of the Hirer designated in the delivery instructions. Acceptance by the Owner on return of the hired items is completed on the signature by an authorised representative of the Owner of the return note.
5. Use – the hired items shall be under the control of the Hirer at all times from delivery until redelivered, and the Hirer shall ensure that the same are used safely and without risk of health, is used by competent and duly licensed operators as the case may be, and are not used for any purpose for which they are not designed or reasonably suitable.
6. Defects – the Hirer shall report any defects in the hired items within 1 hour of delivery and shall, if so requested by the Owner, return the same to the Owner for inspection by the Owner. If the Owner agrees in its absolute discretion that the issued goods are not as specified or required by the Hirer, it shall use all reasonable endeavours (but shall not be bound) to provide a suitable replacement item or items from the stock of the Owner, and shall credit the Hirer with such an amount not exceeding 2 day’s hire rent as it shall in its absolute discretion consider appropriate. Subject only to the above, the Owner accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage, costs, claims or expenses suffered or incurred by the Hirer or by any third person (including the Hirer’s servants or agents), except that the Owner does not by this exclude its liability for death or personal injury arising out of negligence of the Owner, its servants or agents.
7. Indemnity – the Hirer shall be responsible for and shall indemnify the Owner against all loss or damage caused to or by the hired items from whatever cause arising.
8. Location – the Hirer shall not move the hired items from the location specified in the delivery instructions without first obtaining the Owner’s written consent (which may be withheld or made subject to such conditions as the owner in its absolute discretion shall decide). The Hirer shall keep the hired items in its sole possession and shall not lend the same or sublet to any person or otherwise part with possession of any of the hired items in any way. The Hirer acknowledges that the hired items remain the property of the Owner at all times and must not in any circumstances be sold or used as security. The Hirer shall not permit any lien to be created on the hired items or pledge the Owner’s credit for repairs to